09 Nov 2009
New DVDs now available, described as “world class” by Fighters Only magazine. the DVDs cover fighting on the ground, defending the knife and third-party protection. See here for purchase info:
And our instructor in Edinburgh, Peter Bilitsch is doing a seminar up in Central Edinburgh next weekend, see the below for information:
Urban Krav Maga Self Defence Seminar in Edinburgh (limited places available)
12 – 4pm (with breaks), Sat 14 Nov 09 at Edinburgh Martial Arts College
Learn as quickly as possible to defend yourself against the 10 most common street attacks. The core syllabus also contains a range of techniques especially applicable to female self-defence, grappling (stand-up and on the ground), fighting/sparring techniques and weapons defences. Participants will be taught how to read a situation and react/respond accordingly, even if they’ve not experienced the exact same thing in training. Improvisation is an important element of the training.
What is Urban Krav Maga?
Krav Maga is a generic Hebrew term meaning “contact combat”. Urban Krav Maga was founded by a group of instructors experienced across various styles of Krav Maga and other fighting systems and is based on defences against the 10 most common street attacks in the UK. UKM is the only Krav Maga style that has been asked to provide a British Combat Association Masterclass, as well as the only style to feature a stand at the Seni Martial Arts Show in London next May. We produced a highly acclaimed 6-DVD set recognised as one of the best Self-Defence products on the market.
10 Most Common Street Attacks in the UK (in order of frequency)
1. A push, hands to chest, normally followed by attacker striking first to the head. (DEFEND WITH 4 PRE-EMPTIVE MOVES AGAINST ATTACKER)
2. A swinging punch to the head.
3. A front clothing grab, one handed, followed by punch to the head,
4. A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a head butt.
5. A front clothing grab, two hands, followed by a knee to the groin.
6. A bottle, glass, or ashtray to the head.
7. A lashing kick to groin/lower legs.
8. A broken bottle/glass jabbed to face.
9. A slash with knife (most commonly a 3 to 4” lock blade knife / kitchen knife).
10. A grappling style head lock.
Peter Bilitsch, Urban Krav Maga Instructor
Details - Urban Krav Maga Self Defence Seminar
When: 12 – 4pm (with breaks), Sat 14 Nov 09
Where: Edinburgh Martial Arts College, Unit 1 Abbeylane, Edinburgh EH8 8HL
Cost: £30 (pre booking essential with Edinburgh Martial Arts College or via PayPal firstname.lastname@example.org